Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Unbeautiful

Recently I have been spending more time away from home.
As my social network begins to expand, I begin to feel less pretty.
I am friends with some of the most gorgeous ladies.
In return, I begin to feel like the ugly duckling.
These day, I am spending less time thinking about what clothes to wear and less time clothes shopping.
Why the change?
Now, it's approaching the stage where I would ask my sisters to match my clothes for me. I feel like a loser. '(
These days all I wear are jeans and a plain T-shirt.
Maybe I'm spending too much time hanging around boys at uni.. maybe I am starting to act like one. ='(


Sometimes, we see pictures of people we know of facebook and they look absolutely flawless. Sadly, majority of them wear make up.
Everyday, I wake up and I don't apply make up because it feels unnatural.
I rather look like an ugly duckling then apply make up.
Is it shallow to think that make up is an essential for being beautiful?
Why can't one look beautiful without wearing make up?

What's the moral of the story?
It's time for a SHOPPING SPREE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think people who spend time picking out clothes and wear makeup to uni are vain and insecure. If someone can't love you for you, they're not it. I think it was Marilyn Monroe who remarked, "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best". Chin up!