Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Season?

It is finally December, the long awaited month.
As a kid, I often looked forward to the holiday season.
I love this time of year because of the presents and the good Christmas cartoons.
As I experience more Christmases, I start to become bitter.
With each passing year I begin to realise once again I'm still lonely
and I have not done much in the past 365 days.

This year I begin to witness this not only affects myself.
The holiday season is a time when we as a community should be preparing to celebrate.
This holiday season I've seen friendship breaking up, many tears shed and seen some friends slip into depression.
Perhaps we're all feeling the pinch of trying to be happy?

How do things get out of hand?
Why do people slip into depression during the holiday season?

No comments: